Does your Edmonton Home have a Mould (Mold) Problem
I know what you're going to ask, "Is it Mold or Mould?"
- In all senses of the word, both spellings are correct. "Mold is typically the American English spelling while "Mould" stems from British English. Being Canadian we all have the pleasure of questioning ourselves on adding that pesky little "U" to many words in our language (Labor or Labour, Favorite or Favourite, ajnd now Mold or Mould). No matter which way you spell it, if you see it give SERVPRO a call.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural safe level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.