Winterize Your Home
Keep Your Home Safe!
Since the severe weather has made an appearance across the country, it's only right if I give you Awesome Tips on keeping your home and business safe!
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Winter Weather
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or un-insulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to "off".
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puff backs.
Winterize Your Business
The winter months may call for businesses to take some standard precautionary measures to help protect their property. These measures include basic maintenance checks and preparation to help ensure your business and employees remain safe. Some basic precautionary tips include:
- Check your business property for down tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leave or debris accumulates causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Inspect property, especially walkaways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non- slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
All Insurance All Industry Golf Tournament
Taking a break from Water Cleanup:
This past Monday we were proud to sponsor a hole at the All Insurance All Industry Golf Tournament at Blackhawk golf and country club. This event was put on by Sintra Engineering and what an event it was. This year’s event raised money for WICSOE (Walk-In Counselling Society of Edmonton) a great cause that goes directly back into our community.
This year we were on lucky hole number 2 and we didn’t want to just raffle something off or do a hole in one which never gets redeemed we went out-side-the-box. At our hole you played a quick game of Black Jack to see what club you would be driving for your t-shot. Players had a chance to donate if the cards didn’t fall in their favour. We had a lot of fun with players, who would have thought gambling on the course would be such a hit. We raised $489 for WICSOE but some of the pitching wedge shots were priceless.
Proud Sponsors of Edmontons AAIA Charity Gala
Some of the beautiful flower arrangements.
SERVPRO of Edmonton Southside was 2013's proud sponsor of AAIA Charity Gala's Bouquets for Bikes. Guest could purchase cheerful flower arrangements to raise money for a great local cause: You Can Bike Too. The organization builds bikes for special needs kids who are unable to ride a conventional bike. This cause brings joy, passion and new abilities to local Edmonton kids. Learn more about You Can Bike Too www.youcanbiketoo.org/